There are so many great stamp companies out there, sharing wonderful images for us to use! Recently, I purchased this adorable image from stampingbella‘s Tiny Townie Collection. She’s called tiny townie loves tea; a wonderful addition to your options for tea-loving friends!
As I post this, I’m hearing more about closures again all over the world. I suppose that means we will have an even greater need for our greeting cards as, once again, people will be isolated at home. Instead of getting caught on everything wrong with this scenario, I’m going to choose to focus on the opportunity to continue reaching out to people with a handwritten message in a card. Everyone I know loves it when they receive a greeting this way. So often, most of what they receive is junk/bulk mail, so getting a real greeting is a bit of a surprise.
- Notes on creating this card:
- I first stamped the image onto Neenah Solar White cardstock then again onto a sticky note to create a mask.
- I covered the image with the mask then lightly blended Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink onto the background.
- I colored in the image using Copic markers and added additional shading with Prismacolor pencils.
- I then die cut the panel which gave the beautiful detail and stitched line along the edges.
- I had recently created several foiled sentiments using a Pinkfresh foil die and Gemini foil press. I fussy cut the ‘hello’ and popped it over the main panel with dimensional adhesive.
- Finally, I layered the panel over a piece of patterned paper (Stampin UP!) and a top-folding card base. I resisted the urge to add bling somewhere so that it can be easily mailed 🙂
Now to figure out which tea-loving friend will receive this ‘hug-in-an-envelope’!
Thank you for stopping by!